Sunday, 15 May 2011

MG Gundam Deathscythe Hell "The Devil" WIP part 1

Hi guys,I recently started this amazing kit for an upcoming competition.This would be my first time entering any modeling competition and i'm kinda nervous because i don't know whether i have the skills for it.

I don't really like the wings so i came out with some mod ideas with the wing,like changing the vents and extending the length of the wing.I cut away the original vents and will insert the plaplate vents(forgotten what it is called) later on.I have also drawn out some extensions for the wing,which i would transfer to a plaplate and cut them out.I will them attach them to the wing and apply epoxy putty to them and sand out the shape of the wing.These plaplate will not only serve as a guideline while im sanding, but also strengthen the tips so they won't break easily.

I also did some marking out for the rivets that i want to put.The reason why i haven't drill those holes,is because i haven't gotten the 0.4mm drill tip that i need.

Advice-When installing these small detail like rivet or those tiny steel balls,if the diameter of those are 0.5mm,drill the holes 0.1mm smaller.So when putting them in,you won't need to use super glue to stick them,they would just get jam inside.

For the diorama,i reused the launching pad from MG aile strike gundam.Placed some plaplate and drilled some holes for wires later on.

Stay tuned for part 2!!

No comments:

Post a Comment