Monday 9 April 2012

Full Armor Gundam Heavyarms Igel WIP Part 1

Hello guys,i have recently started this new project and I will be working on MG Gundam Heavyarms.I think that modeling is all about learning,so for every new project,i will try to do something that i have not done before.For example,i started scratchbuilding using expoxy on Gundam Deathscythe Hell and kit bashing on Gundam Epyon.And this time,i will try to scratchbuild using pla plate which i have been very eager to try,but lack the confidence to do so.



For this project,it was a tough choice between Gundam Heavyarms and Gundam Sandrock.Gundam sandrock have a lot of potential.But on the other hand,Gundam Heavyarms is such an awesome kit that i can't think of what else i can add.Gundam Heavyarms is all about fire power,so i have decided to add more weapons and ammunitions to it.So i'm going to scratchbuild parts from Gundam Heavyaarms Igel and take the weapons from Full Armor Gundam Unicorn to make this into a killing machine.

These 2 kits is a seam line nightmare!There are so many seam lines and they are mostly on small parts and weapons,which makes them even harder to sand.

I'm going to use the parts from the loto set to make it into something like the attachments to the feet of Heavyarms Igel.The purpose of building this is also to stabilize the kit if the back pack gets too heavy with the addition of weapons.
 Gundam Heavyarms Igel


I will also mod the gatling guns from Gundam Unicorn to look more like the ones from Heavyarms Custom.I hope it will look like a MG version of those NG gatling guns.

I know this idea lacks originality,but what i want to emphasize on other than scratchbuilding is detailing,making the model look more like a machine using pla plate,panel lines,etc.I have always been envious of people who can make the model look so mechanical.Thus i will take this opportunity to further explore this technique,and hope that i can put it into good use and make better models in the future.

Lastly,I hope the people who have supported me through my Epyon project will continue to support me.Thank you!

Oh,and if there is anyone who is  wondering about Gundam Eypon.There were some problems when i was assembling it so i'm still trying to fix them.But don't worry,photos should be up this week.Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome man I cant wait to see the finished product I also think that you should do some work on the sandrock its always been my favorite mobile suit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya,i'm actually planning to do some sort of upgrades on all the wing suits.The reason why i choose heavyarms over sandrock is because i couldn't think of a nice concept for it.Hopefully,i can think of one while working on the heavyarms.

      Delete
  2. Don't sweat it, I'm also planning of scratchbuilding the Igel using polystyrene sheets (Plaplates). Just treat it like cardboard or paper, that will take the feeling of uneasiness off of working on it. One of the stuff I'm thinking about is how to mount the caterpillar stabilizers to the legs without mangling the armor. I thought of casting a copy of it with epoxy resin, but it seems pretty messy. ell, I'm very interested on how yours will turn up. I will periodically visit to check up on your progress. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of fixing it to the ankle,somewhat similar to the picture.But have to see how the "caterpillar" will turn out first.

      Delete